As known, I had a good friend who comes from Hungary and living in Deutschland. This lady is keen on cooking and be shared to me and anothers to try out her dishes. We were really love to stopping by when she cooked Hungarian culinaries.
This post is regarding a Hungarian peasant bake of layered kale and minces of pork. In Hungarian words is used to call “rakott kàpostzta.” In detailed, below is written recipe and steps to make it.
Thanks to Petra who had shared it and surely glad to upload in here😊
- Half Kale (cabbage)
- 125 gram rice
- Fat/vegetables oil
- 1 kg minced pork
- 2 small tomatoes
- 2 small paprika
- 2 onion
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- Eggs (2)
- 2 Hungarian Tejföl/ 2 german Créme Fraiche
Layer first is rice
- In boiled water, cook the rice. Without any spice take it to a bowl like 1/3.
Layer second is meat
- Chopped and sliding onion, tomatoes, paprika into little pieces.
- Heat fan and put fat/oil.
- Add onion, tomatoes and paprika together. Then fry on 3 minutes and give a bit water.
- Add minced pork and next paprika powder, salt, pepper and vegeta. Mix all as well to coat in the spice, and cook over a medium heat, stirring often, till piping hot, the meat particles separated. Add the stock and simmer 30 minutes. Add water if needed it.
- Now, make another second level in the bowl.
Layer third is cabbage
- To prepare the cabbage, boiled in water, rinse once and drain well.
- Blend together Schmand/Tejföl/Saure Cream with eggs and lay it on the kale. Adding cheese if desired.
- To complete, add the last layer on top. Bake until browned on top and heated through as well.
Enjoy your meal! Jó étvágyat!